The Department of Industrial Development and Research (DIDR) was formed in 1977 by a State Cabinet directive and placed under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Industrial Development (MID). DIDR is entrusted with the responsibility of promoting and coordinating industrial development in Sabah.
To be the lead agency in promoting the development of the industrial sector in Sabah.
Promoting the development of the state’s industrial sector through the development of small and medium industries, export promotion, research, and industry services.
Assisting to develop Sabah through the development of the industrial sector.
- Process manufacturing license and approval to set up manufacturing projects in Sabah;
- Undertake research/studies on the economy of Sabah, mainly in the manufacturing sector;
- Promotion of Sabah products in the domestic and international markets;
- Assisting in solving problems faced in the implementation of investment projects; and
- Carry out activities to enhance the capability of small and medium enterprises (SMEs).